Friday, October 14, 2011

Did you hear the one...

where Hollywood came to us?

I know, right?!!! We could hardly believe it either. Go pop your popcorn, refill your soda and settle in. We're going to the movies!

We found out just before we signed our lease for this house that they were looking at it to potentially use for a scene in a movie being shot in the area. Lo & behold...they chose it! So, in addition to unpacking and settling in the past two weeks, we were bracing for this event and having to keep it to ourselves (do you know how hard that is when you are excited about it?!). DD went to spend the night with DH's parents - which I am glad we did.




Check it out here: Untitled Film


Yesterday started rainy, and it rained all morning and well into the afternoon. They started putting the lights on the boom around 3:00. About 4:00, the rain cleared up and the sun started to peek out. The crew really started rolling in about 6:00 and that's when our stress level went up a little. There were lots of questions (which I appreciate them asking!)...Can we...? Where can we...? Is it ok if...? Yes, yes - do whatever you need to! Then the location manager found us and asked if it was ok if the actors could use the inside of our house to stay warm.

Ummmm - YES!!!!!!!!!!

(Like we would say no?!)


On the note of temperature...it was a cool day to begin with and during the 3 1/2 hours of filming, the temp dropped 10 degrees (to 52) and wind picked up - those two girls were dressed in tank tops and shorts - brrrrr!!!!!!


Anyway, DH, DS & I were helping run extension cords through the house for the electricians. Then because there were too many 'cooks in the kitchen' (as in, Jen get out of the way!), I decided to head back into the house and here comes Heather Graham, Maika Monroe and Chris Bolek (the talent). WOW! I felt calm and didn't feel flustered around them at all. DH & DS enjoyed visiting with Maika & Chris. Heather was in the zone so we didn't want to bother her - which is fine!


We decide to sit inside for the filming, so we settle into our dark kitchen on our chairs with the location manager and production assistant. As filming starts, the first scene they do involves rocks being thrown at the windows. Ok - cool! So, DH & I are envisioning pebbles. We could not have been more wrong!!!! (they were about the size of golf balls) As they start to hit the side of the house there is a big "THUD" with each hit - most hit the side of the house, ok - no problem. On the 4th take, we hear the glass break. Direct hit by Maika! It broke the storm window. All I can say is, I hope they got the sound and use that clip. Poor Maika came back inside looking horrified and apologized profusely. Hey - it happens!


DS & I decided to go outside to watch part of the filming in the alley and in front of the house. It was a lot of fun to watch it all unfold and see how they film each scene and use all the different angles.


Below: ACTION!!!!!!!

Between takes....
They wrapped up just after midnight. The crew we had contact with was great! They were very friendly and were accomodating to us.


And THIS is the souvenier we got from the movie shoot. Thanks, Maika!


And Chris, the Hawks DID win, 4-3 last night. DS really enjoyed watching the game and talking sports with you.


One of the crew members (possibly the Director of Cinematography???) is setting up a shot when he starts squinting toward the park (after everyone had been asked to move to a certain spot to watch) and says to the crew working around DS & I and says "Do I see? Is someone over there in the trees?" He looks and no one says anything. He looks at the park again and says "Hello? Am I #@*%ing working by myself here? Would someone please #@*%ing get them out of the way?" DS started laughing and I told him to be quiet before he got in #@*%ing trouble!


PS: I DID ask if I could run the clapboard (just once) but was told no. Sigh!! I really think I would have done a GREAT job with it. I found out today, you have to be a member of some movie guild just to be able to touch said clapboard. So much for that life dream...


I am REALLY excited for this movie to come out and hope the scene they made, gets in the film.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:43 PM

    This is definately worthy of a mini album and I HOPE you got a lot of autographs/photos. Each of you should write up 'your' version of the evening. Sounds like quite an adventure.

    Mom

    PS Sorry about not getting to use the clapboard - you have to belong to some club to be able to use it? What do they call it, the Clapboardies Only Club? Ba ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool, Jen! That must have been a night to remember. I hope you got some good shots for scrapping. I had heard earlier that you can't use the clapboard without a guild card....sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Jen!!! That is #@*%ing amazing!!! How #@*%ing fun! You must have been so excited, I know I would have been. I can't imagine keeping that a secret!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am truly impressed and I can't wait to see what creative project develops as a result of this experience. Umm, one question... what's a clapboard?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:09 PM

    What is the movie called?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is currently untitled. I will update you here as we learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.