Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday breakfast

I'm not much of a cook (probably if I had more time, I would cook more, but...)
Anyway, I usually make Sunday breakfast. One of our favorites is the following coffee cake recipe
It is from Madison County Cookbook (which also has some other great recipes)

 COFFEE CAKE
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons margarine or shortening
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
(I also add 1 - 2 teaspoons of cinnamon for a little extra flavor)

TOPPING
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons margarine
Chopped nuts, optional

Mix cake ingredients together and beat for 3 minutes on high speed. Pour in a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with topping.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until it tests done.

ENJOY!!!!

5 comments:

  1. My husband just looked at my laptop screen and said, "Mmm! I love coffee cake!" ;) Looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:53 PM

    That looks really good. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so good! I love coffee cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that looks soooo good! thanks for sharing this. may have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coffee cake looks SO good...thanx for sharing! I'm following you on GFC :)
    xo
    www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.