Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tales from the library, part 6

Dear Library Patrons, our CDs and DVDs are not your coasters our puppies' chew toy. Please do not treat them so.

So let me tell you how my day went at the library this past Sunday. It was one of those days where you wonder where all the strange questions and requests are coming from.  It also made me wonder why we don't charge for babysitting.  I had forgotten how many parents "drop and run" on Sundays! So in addition to all the kids we were trying to keep reins on; school projects to find materials for and patrons in and out to check in and out, especially the last half hour....we forgot there was someone in the bathroom when we closed!

I can laugh now but I was mortified when I was told!  Anyway, this gentleman, called the police when he discovered we were no longer there.  The police called our head mainenance man (who is on vaca), who called our director.  Oh yeah, the director.... (Insert crimson face here)  I apologized to her, she said he was pleasant about it and she was laughing too.

Oy! I tell ya!   Note to self...check bathrooms VERY thoroughly!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:58 AM

    I'm not sure which is funnier - the kid who tied your shoelaces together or locking this guy in the bathroom! Ba ha ha ha ha! You should write a book.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Oh my goodness!!! That is hilarious!!!! Poor guy!! I think if that happened to me, I'd just spend the night. Sounds kind of fun if you ask me! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a rough day! Our library experiences the "drop and run" too, and the girls there hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Ah, awkward situations always make for great stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that story is straight out of a book itself! It also reminds me of the book "From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha! Oh man! That is funny. That reminds me of the time my husband got locked in the law library. Sounds like those library books don't want to be left alone at night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha!!! I've always wondered what it would be like to get locked in a bathroom after hours...I'm so serious about that.

    I can't believe parents just leave their kids there for a long period of time...there should be some sort of rule about that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:29 PM

    I hope you don't mind I sent the link to your blog to my sister. She is looking for inspiration on a journal blog.

    XOXO

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.