Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Get to know Jen, part 2

Thank you for the questions you posted.
I will "intro" myself a little first for some of my newer readers

I'm Jen. I'm a 30-something mom of two (a college age son and an elementary age daughter) and wife.

The cast of characters here on my blog (besides me...):
Hubby (DH)
Son (DS)
Daughter (DD)

Things to know about me:
*I work full time for an agriculture lending company and part time at our local library.
*I grew up on a farm and didn't live in town until I married my husband (almost 15 years ago). Someday I hope to live in the country again.

*We live in a nice college town (although I do enjoy it when the students are gone).
*I enjoy reading, scrapbooking, crocheting, knitting and sewing.
*I am an aspiring photographer who is slowly building my portfolio.  You can check it out here: Photos by Jen
*I am a die hard Chicago Cubs fan. They break my heart every year, but there's always next year. I cheer for all the Chicago sports teams, though.
*My favorite color is royal blue (pink is a close second!).
*I love music! (not a big fan of rap and blues, but...) {I'm pretty partial to a male wearing a hat and cowboy boots...}
*I am NOT a good housekeeper or cook! (ask my family!)
*My favorite candy bars are Milky Way and Snickers. But I LOVE chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes!
*My dream vacation would be sitting on a beach for a LONG time with an endless supply of fruity umbrella drinks and a stack of good books (or Kindle).

Tanya from
Creative Endeavors asked: 1. What inspires you first - products or photos? 2. Do you listen to music (or anything?) while your work? If so, what? 3. What are your Top 3 Favorite all-time movies?
Fun questions, Tanya! 
1. Photos are usually my inspiration when I start a scrapbook layout. I pick my papers and embellishments based on them.
2. Yes, I usually have music on while I'm scrapping. Now that I think about it, I have music on most of the day...at work, in the van... I am not real particular about music.  My favorite is country and 80s pop but unless it's hard rap or blues, I'll at least give it a listen.
3. My favorite 3 movies...oooo, tough one!  Let's see:  Wizard of Oz; Grease (I can recite every line and sing every song); Disney's Beauty & the Beast.

Lisa from Remember the Good Times asked: What is your favorite page of all that you have created?
This one is really hard. I don't think I can pick just one right now.
Here's my favorite digital one I've done lately:
 These two traditional paper layouts are probably two favorites


 I like how this card turned out.
Thank you for stopping by!
I love all your comments.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:01 AM

    Great questions and great answers! Even I learned something and I'm Jen's Mom! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute response from your mom. :) Thanks for answering my question and for sharing your wonderful pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much!! I love The Wizard of Oz and Grease, too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! I love that Mickey Mouse layout-clean & simple but super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grease is one of my all-time favorite movies too-I too can recite every line and sing every song :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:26 PM

    I think I would like to have a blog like yours. Perhaps I will work on this. :>)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:30 PM

    How come this never takes my comments?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband grew up in rural central Illinois so he is with you on loving the country and loving the Cubs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did your son stay around and go to the college in your town??

    I'm also a sucker for chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grease is one off favorites too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fun to way to get to know you better~!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.