Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Because...

Because I feel like I need to write this somewhere...here I go.


Because a few of my friends from my hometown have had horrible things happen in their lives the past couple of weeks and I'm not sure what to say to them other than - I'm here if you need an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on. It's all I can offer them right now, unfortunately I can't take the pain away.


Because the world seems like a scary, scary place these days - I try to find something good in every day, even if it's that a flower looks pretty, and remind myself of it during the day.


Because all lives matter, be kind to everyone. It's amazing what a smile and hello does for someone else's day, try it!


Because I feel like time is slipping away, I try to stop for a few minutes everyday and look around me then close my eyes and just listen (I've been surprised at what I've "seen"). Take a little time to enjoy serenity.


Because Pokémon Go is HUGE right now - go play! HAVE FUN! But please, please be careful - don't walk in the street; don't play while driving. Do I understand it? No. But it's nice to see people outside, walking around and talking to other people.



3 comments:

  1. Well said. I noticed our flags at half-staff today and thought...I am sad because it seems like the flag has been at half-staff more this year then at full-staff. So much sadness and nastiness in the world.

    But we have to look for the good things and there are lots of good things!

    I haven't gotten into Pokemon Go - not really a gamer but I am sure it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya and feel and see the same thing. The world has just gone nuts and there's kind of a hopeless feel, everything seems to be devolving to the wild west and not everyone is on the same page. Thank goodness there's hope and more good people than bad apples. I agree have fun and live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and Amen to all of this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.