Thursday, June 01, 2017

Get to Know - Blogger edition


Good morning!
Welcome to a new blog series here: Get to Know - the Blogger edition

Today I welcome Debra of Peace, Love and Understanding to my blog today. Please read her interview below and visit her blog!

Can you tell my readers about yourself and your blog?  I an Atlanta, Georgia native who works full time for the state of Georgia.  I'm a devoted daughter, sister, aunt and friend.  My blog is about things I like, there is a lot of variety.  I post recipes, crochet, knitting & other craft projects, concert reviews, movie reviews and things about my life in general.
Describe how you first got into blogging. Although I read several blogs, I wasn't sure I wanted to start one myself.  However, when I joined Ravelry (a crochet/knitting site), most of the users had blogs and shared them so I decided to start one myself.
What do you do in your spare time? I have a LOT of hobbies! I love to crochet, knit, and other crafts.  I am a movie buff...I would see a movie every single day in the theater, if I could.  I enjoy taking photos, especially nature and wildlife. I also like researching my family tree.  When I have the time, I love traveling, especially to historic locations.
Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now? I hope to still be blogging in 5 years, who knows what paths and directions life will lead us but I hope to continue writing about it.
Can you name some of your favorite bloggers and explain why they are your favorites? The first blog I started reading (many years ago before she was "famous") was The Pioneer Woman, I love her recipes and photos and her outlook on life.  I love Jen McGee's blog, of course, and especially enjoy her photos from her travels with her family, her book recommendations and her scrapbook pages.  I enjoy Kevin & Amanda's blog for the recipes and travel photos and particularly love the photos of her Boston Terriers.  I like checking in on Shelby Osmond's blog (she is Donny Osmond's daughter-in-law) because of her values and photos and I like watching her family grow.  Another I enjoy is FatMumSlim because of her photo challenges and a peek into life in Australia.
What inspired you to start your blog? I think I was mostly inspired by Ravelry users.
What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging? The most frustrating aspect is that I wish I had more feedback.  I know from reviewing the stats that I receive about 8,000 hits a month but yet I seldom receive a comment. Although I blog just for me, not to make money or try to become famous, it is nice to know that the people that do read, enjoy it.   
In the future where do you hope your blog will take you? I hope it just continues to give me an outlet to express some creativity.
Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey? Yes, I wrote a blog post about Frank Inn, the famous animal trainer, best known for training Benji.  His daughter contacted me, she is very nice and informed me that they are hoping to open a memorial museum for her dad.
Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year? I don't have any blogging goals, except to keep it up.  I have a personal goal to complete the crochet/knitting projects that are currently in progress (I think there are 3 at the moment) and hopefully complete some other projects that currently only reside in my mind.  I hope to continue my genealogy research and perhaps complete a scrapbook about my family history.

PS: If you are interested in being a featured blogger, drop me an email: jenmcgee34@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this series!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring me today! I feel somewhat famous now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.