Thursday, June 29, 2017

Getting to Know You-Blogger edition








Welcome to another edition of "Getting to Know You".

Today I welcome Deanne from This Farm Girl Cooks to my blog. (You can also follow her on Facebook HERE

Can you tell my readers about yourself and your blog?
Hi! My name is Deanne and our family of 6 lives in the country and we farm. That means I feed a lot of people! This Farm Girl Cooks is my blog where I share some insights from our farm and simple, healthy recipes. I’m also a farmer in training so I try to share all my “firsts” because I’m 100% a rookie farmer.
Describe how you first got into blogging.
I’ve wanted to blog for years! Writing has always been something I’ve enjoyed and I finally got the courage to put myself out into the blogging world. Feeding people is a passion of mine so the topic came naturally. I also needed a creative outlet and this fills that desire.
What do you do in your spare time?
I have four kids – I don’t have spare time, ha! This summer I have tackled lots of weeds in the yard. It’s good thinking activity and I can do it while the kids play in the yard. I also like trying new restaurants and reading a good book.
Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?
I hope I have a community of people who share my passion for feeding their families -  That’s what I’m trying to develop in my blog and my Facebook page. I don’t want to be JUST a food blog. I hope I inspire people to cook and provide them with shortcuts and tips to make cooking a pleasurable experience.
Can you name some of your favorite bloggers and explain why they are your favorites?
Oh, that’s a tough one! Jen McGee, for one :) I also enjoy following Prairie Californian (link HERE) – she has great food photography and she also has farming roots. SkinnyTaste (link HERE) and DietHood (link HERE) for healthy recipes and Joanna Gaines (link HERE), because who doesn’t love her???
What inspired you to start your blog?
My husband supported me in my dream, which was huge. 
What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
Sometimes it’s finding the time to write. Other times, I have the time but I may not be in the mood to write.  I have to write when the moments strikes me. I also have about 2 million ideas floating around in my head most of the time but no enough time to execute them all!
In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?
Honestly, my hope is that I can make some money doing what I love! I also want to promote local businesses that I love through my writing.
Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?
Not personally, but I have met some really nice people who have been open to helping answer questions when I have them. And yesterday, a big food blogger replied to an email of mine which made my day!
Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year?

I do! My goal is to find more time to get my ideas out there. That’s probably not happening this summer with vacations and kids around, but maybe this fall.


Thank you for stopping by, Deanne! I will be stopping by your blog (and the others you enjoy) often.
Please follow This Farm Girl Cooks on Facebook and her blog!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the family bogs and many more. Deanne, yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.