Thursday, June 08, 2017

Getting to Know You-Blogger edition

Welcome back to another edition of Getting to Know You.

Today, I welcome JEN from Marathons and Dog Tags. Please visit her blog and say hi!


Can you tell my readers about yourself and your blog?

Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I'm the resident writer of Marathons and Dog Tags. I'm a military spouse living in Louisiana (soon to be Kansas) with my husband, Kyle, our 9 month old daughter, Emersyn, and our 2 furbabies, Emma and Fishy. I have a Masters degree in Psychology and hope to put that to use in working with children someday. I'm an avid runner and have completed 75 races including a full marathon, it has certainly benefited me in more ways than I ever imagined. I love having this little space of the internet to write about my life and everything that comes along with it.





Describe how you first got into blogging.

I have been blogging for almost 9 years and I started it so that I could have an easy way to keep in contact with family after I married into the military. I love blogging and it has helped me through a lot of different life situations, my blog has a little bit of everything. I still don't consider myself a well established blogger, I simply do it for the enjoyment and it really is a place for me to vent. I am so thankful that I decided to give this a shot because I have met so many incredible people.


What do you do in your spare time?

My spare time is mostly spent with my daughter E, she is in such a fun stage right now and we have the best time together. She really is my little sidekick. I also run, I either take her along with me in the jogging stroller or I wait for my husband to get home and knock out a few miles. As a family we love exploring the areas we live in, being military we are lucky enough to see places we never expected to. Blogging is my downtime at night after everyone has gone to bed. 




Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?

Honestly, I would be happy if I'm still in the same position, would I love to reach more people and be a positive influence, absolutely. But if that doesn't happen it's okay. I'm content and I love the readers I have, some have turned into real life friends. 


Can you name some of your favorite bloggers and explain why they are your favorites?

I have so many favorite bloggers, each one has impacted me in some way and that is an amazing thing. I love blogs that focus on real life, they don’t sugarcoat things, they let raw feelings out even when it’s uncomfortable.

A few that have really impacted me are.

Erica from Whimsical September. She is real, honest, and is truly such a sweet person. She is a great mama to her girls and a wonderful military spouse. Her blog has touched on so many different subjects that any person could benefit from.

Bailey from Becoming Bailey. I “met” Bailey several years ago through blogging and we have become real life friends. She is a new military spouse but has taken on this role with such passion and determination. She is another real and honest blogger who is not afraid to put herself out there. I so appreciate that.

Ashley from The Wandering Weekenders. She is a fur mama to Dart  and she has such a big heart and you can tell that from every one of her posts. She is encouraging and just overall such a sweet person. 
Missy from My Shitty Kitchen. I first “met” her when we were paired together for a blogger swap and I’m so glad I was introduced to her blog. She is a riot! She posts some of the most amazing recipes and she is a Louisiana gal! Her blog is one that I instantly go to every morning. 

Jen from Injenious Life. She is a service member, military spouse, and mama to 4. She is pretty much amazing! She shares the best tutorials and recipes. Plus, I love seeing photos of her littles. I’ve followed her for a few years and her posts are some of my favorites.


What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?

One thing that frustrates me the most about blogging is the idea that you have to make money to have a successful blog. Obviously, if you make money from it that's awesome but I don't think that is indicative of a successful blog. I think being authentic and true to who you are is what makes a blog successful, it doesn't matter how many followers you have.



Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year?

My goals for the rest of the year are simple, continue to grow my blog in the best way I know how and to just have fun. I want to live life to the fullest and not have any regrets. 

Thank you for participating, Jen!

PS: If you would like to be a featured blogger, drop me an email: jenmcgee34@yahoo.com



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much for featuring me!!!! :) It was an honor to write for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I have checked out Jen's blog (because I've seen her comments here) and enjoy reading it. Love this feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw yay, I love Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.