Monday, August 24, 2009

What?

So few doses of reality hit me over the weekend....

1. Those of us who ride our bikes casually for a few miles every week or two should probably NOT ride a 19 mile bike ride while pulling a 5 year old in a bike trailer behind us. My legs are KILLING me today!!!!!

2. Our DS is starting his junior year today. A junior!!!! How did I get to be a mom of a junior? As one of my co-workers said, "Are you ready for college visits?" Ah - NO!

3. Our DD is starting kindergarten on Thursday. I was TOTALLY ready for it until I talked to her teacher on Friday. Now I'm a little sad. She's very excited but oh man.....

So I guess it's time to suck it up and continue on....

6 comments:

  1. Wow! A junior! College visits will be exciting and excruciating at the same time. And time definitely flies. My son is starting preschool this year and I can't believe it. It seems like he was just a baby yesterday. Which he tells me all the time! Kids concept of time is very distorted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kindergarten? a junior? Holy crap- even I feel old now. Thanks so much Jen. :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:14 AM

    Welcome to my world!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness a junior and a starter - you must be running high on emotions at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I've been so flaky on the blogging and emails!! I feel terrible :( I vow to keep up better :D

    Good luck to your DD and DS! I'm pretty sure I'll be in tears come Caden's first day of kindergarten.

    I miss riding my bike - we bought a nice new trailer and big this spring but then I got pregnant and well.... Haven't been utilizing it as much as I hoped. I should probably get in a few more light rides before my center of balance fully prohibits me!
    Go you on the added miles!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! Kindergarten for Ms. S! And a junior? College visits? Yikes. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.