Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Why should it be smooth sailing?

Nothing in life is easy!  This is a lesson that I have experienced time and time again. I do my best to keep smiling and keep moving.

This time...we're back to DD's hearing.  We recently had to requalify for the assistance program (and we did).  I got a message when I got home yesterday from the dept. asking one of us to call asap about her May appointment.  So I call... the provider who has always done her hearing screenings, hearing aid maintenance, etc is no longer in our personal health insurance network.  Sigh!  So...now we have to find a provider that is in our healthcare network so we can continue to receive assistance.  I tell ya!!!!

So fortunately, the department is working with us to find a provider that is in network and that works with their department.  Have I ever mentioned what a pain jumping through government hoops is sometimes?

Smile & wave!
courtesy of milanfan.com

Don't get me wrong!  I am very appreciative of the assistance we receive and they are very open about programs/support that is out there for DD & for our whole family.  We struggled for 5 years to find a program that we qualified for and that had this much support.  I feel very fortunate.


1 comment:

  1. Government red tape is NEVER fun and although you certainly are appreciative for all the support etc., you are allowed to vent and bitch sometimes!! Love your little "Smile & wave" dudes! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.