Wednesday, August 21, 2013

You may not know...


...but THIS is me!

I am a wife to this guy 
for almost 16 years. (Wow!)

A mom to these two

he for 20 years,
she for 9.
(Although sometimes I would like to NOT claim them...)

The big 4-0 is coming, and I'm ok with that.
I'm content with where my life is at this point.
I am a scrapbooker
I am an avid reader. (I'm always up for taking reading suggestions...) [I'm on Goodreads]
I enjoy crocheting and knitting. [I'm on Ravelry]
I am a budding photographer.
I enjoy traveling (real life and armchair).  [one of my bucket list items is to visit all the National Parks and Historic Sites]
I am not a good cook, but love my crockpot. My family at least pretends to enjoy my cooking...  ;)
I work two jobs: full time for an ag lending company and part time at our local library. I enjoy both of them!
If you visit me at home, you will not find a spotless house but I will make you feel welcome in my home.
I am naturally a peacemaker - I hate drama and fighting.
My favorite color is blue.
My favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz.
My favorite candy bars are Snickers and Milky Way.
I like coffee.

If there's something else you want to know about me, leave a question in your comment and I'll do a "get to know Jen" segment soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Love this post!

    I am closer to 40 than 30 and totally okay with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post topic! :)

    and i have to say from experience - 40 is pretty darn fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post, Jen! My latest book club read is a British novel, The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble. Took a while to get used to, but I'm enjoying it. Having just turned 50, I have to say 40 was pretty fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post, and learning all about you! Forty wasn't that big of a deal, so you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading more about you! Loving the pics too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:19 PM

    Sfyilhce(;79?,fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:20 PM

      Translation: I love my cousin Sara

      Delete
  7. Hi Lily! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw I loved this! Posts like these are my favorite. =)
    The Wizard of Oz is one of my favorites too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do have a great life and alot to be grateful for. Awesome! Also, welcome to the 40's club! I have been in it for 6yrs and it is cool so far. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post!! I love reading more about you and I have to say turning 40 was NOT a big deal :)
    I just got my first National Parks Passport with the stickers and all so my question is, do you have one (or 2 or 3)? I wish I had started collecting them years ago since we've been to SO many NP.
    Thanks for sharing "you" with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.