Wednesday, October 09, 2013

#1000

I've been blogging for over 7 years [I started in June, 2006 (WOW!)]. 
This post - my friends and readers - is......
 
#1000!!!!!!!!!
(insert shocked face here).
 
My kids were 13 and 2 when I started this blogging adventure - they're now 20 and 9. What parenting and family adventures we've been through...

I struggled with what this milestone post would be. I finally decided I would link to some of my favorite posts I've had over this run.  If you have time and/or interest, here are some of my favorites (and if you're going to make the commitment - fill your cup and pop some popcorn):

One of my first posts: My family
A nice weekend DH & I had in April, 2007: Chicago Weekend fun
A special zoo visit in October, 2007: Zoo Fun
The time I won a ticket to see the Cubs in the playoff in October, 2007: Cubs Survivor
One of my favorite pictures of DD from January, 2008: A smile
A very dark day for our community in February, 2008: Why?
Homecoming for DS September, 2008: Homecoming
Silly hat day October 2008: Ha ha!
My thoughts on the Grammys February 2009: Whoa...
Proud day for our community June 2009: Thank you!
Our family vacation June 2009: Tennessee
Fall fun October 2009: Photos
Almost 6 year old funnies  January 2010: DD funnies
Hearing aids September 2010: Fantastic
High school graduation June 2011: Graduation
Our Hollywood evening October 2011: Action!   PS: The scene made it in the movie, but the movie is terrible!
To marriage: Marriage
Just for fun: Jim
Another for fun: The gym
Induction night March 2012: Proud evening
Our 2012 vacation: here, here, here, here and here
A trip to the ER July 2013: Nice...

Whoo - it takes a while to wade through 1000 posts. Thank you for those who have been along on most of this blogging journey. Thank you to my 'newer' readers, I truly appreciate your comments, suggestions and love.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on #1000!!!! Loving the faves you picked!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment! So cool that you can look back at so many years of blog posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am impressed. Congrats on 1000!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes!!! 1,000 posts!?!? CONGRATS! That's a huge milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!
    Congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:19 PM

    Congrats! I think I've read every one of your posts but I guess I'm prejudiced because I'm your Mom!! LOL Happy 1000 more!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! 7 years! That is one heck of an accomplishment! I've been blogging for 2.5 with breaks here and there. (I finally hit 350 posts yesterday!) I can only hope I can stick with it as long as you have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.