Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30th...

WOW! Where did June go?
 
Do you have any plans for the 4th?
 
Our weekend was pretty uneventful. Yardwork, errands, work, a little grilling and relaxing.
What did you do?
 
My "big" project I started....
(it's on my "to do" list and has been for a LONG time!)

 
I finally started cutting out pieces for this quilt hanging. Wow - I forgot how much cutting/pressing/pinning is involved in getting this ready to put together. And there are A LOT of little pieces to be cut out for this pattern....
 
It is: The Bridges of Madison County pattern by Button Weeds
 
Realistically, I hope to get the pieces cut out at least over the next couple of weeks and start putting it together after that. (I have a feeling that this is going to end up being a winter sewing project...)
 
***************************************
 
On another note, I have let my exercise/diet go again. I have GOT to get motivated and stick to it! Who's going to give me the kick in the pants and keep kicking?!
 
Happy Monday - I hope you have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful 4th!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a wonderful weekend, my foot is doing great. Went to open gym at Xfit today and it felt amazing to be back. Just relaxing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:19 PM

    That is a pretty quilted wall hanging. Can't wait to see it finished!

    Not sure of our July 4th plans. Maybe just a quiet day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see it when its done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt! I can't do that much cutting because of my arthritis and I admire anyone who can. I look forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.