Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Literary Junkies - June edition

It's that time of month again - Literary Junkies, UNITE!

This month, our book was Beautiful Ruins. I struggled with it and didn't finish it. Sorry to say...

Anyway, here is this month's questions/answers:


1. What are you reading? Tell us about it!

I currently have two books going. The Shop on Blossom Street and A Life Intercepted.
The Shop is the first in a series about a street in Seattle, this one revolves around 4 women who are all struggling with something. A Life Intercepted is an ARC, it has a football theme with a mystery I am waiting to be revealed.

2. Library or bookstore?

Library!

3. What book(s) have you read and re-read several times?

Little Women, I usually read it each year around Christmas time.

4. What is the first book that made you fall in love with reading?

Hmmmm...this is really tough! My parents always encouraged us to read.

I think I would have to say the Little House books. My mom read us the series when we were growing up and I have read them a few times in my life.

5. Who's your favorite author? Tell us so we can binge-read!

Another tough one! I think I would say Sarah Addison Allen, her books are so magical (literally) and moving. I love reading them! Sue Grafton writes an awesome mystery series - was thrilled to meet her last fall!
 
**********************************************
What are you reading?
 
July's book for the Literary Junkies is The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton. I'm waiting for it to come in at the library.

11 comments:

  1. Love Sarah Addison Allen!!! And Sue Grafton!! I have the Shop on Blossom Street but haven't read it yet. Her books have never disappointed me though so I'm sure it's fairly good. :) thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shop on Blossom Street sounds so good!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Women is one of my favorites too! I could read that over and over and over...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Debbie Macomber writes pretty good books and the Blossum Street series is pretty good. My favorite series is the Cedar Cove books. Very believable characters. If you like action/mystery type books I'd like to suggest these books by 'Buzz' Bernard: Eyewall, Supercell and Plague. He is a former meterologist at the Weather Channel and his books are riveting.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Debbie Macomber writes pretty good books and the Blossum Street series is pretty good. My favorite series is the Cedar Cove books. Very believable characters. If you like action/mystery type books I'd like to suggest these books by 'Buzz' Bernard: Eyewall, Supercell and Plague. He is a former meterologist at the Weather Channel and his books are riveting.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness! Our picks are very similar. We are most probably soul mates.

    Brenda @Daily Mayo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you believe I've never read Little Women?
    I did love the Little House on the Prairie series when I was a kid, too. I was thinking of re-reading them soon since I think it would be interesting to read as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read anything by Sarah Addison Allen but I'll try one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved "The Shop on Blossom Street" - read it many years ago but I never read any of the others in the series. As a knitter, you will especially enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've ever read Little Women. I'm a little ashamed of that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.