Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy Monday!

I hope you had a good weekend - you stayed safe and warm!

We had a nice weekend - here's a quick recap.

Friday night, my Mr. and I went to the Miranda Lambert concert. RaeLynn (The Voice, Season 2) opened - meh...she was kind of boring.  Justin Moore was up next and he turned me into a big fan. He was awesome and brought me to tears at one point!  Miss Miranda - we were both disappointed. She seemed almost bored and was going through the motions of having a concert.  BUT - it was nice to have a night out together.

I started this book on Saturday (after I got my butt out of bed...) - it's going to be a slow read but it's enjoyable!
 
 I tried a new crockpot recipe - teriyaki chicken. Let me just say - we went out for dinner... I was disappointed!
 
We rented Gone Girl - we enjoyed it. I had given up on the book because it was dragging on. In this case, for me - the movie was better than the book.
 

Yesterday, the Mr. and Young Mr. went to the Blackhawks/Bruins game. As Hawks fans, it was U-G-L-Y!!!!!
BUT - while they were at the game, Little Miss and I went to see my sister. We had late lunch, did a little shopping (in her closet and at a thrift shop) - found some good stuff too! Then we hung out at their place for a while.

Then we watched part of the Oscars last night and enjoyed relaxing.

I wish you all a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Getting out and about is good. Sorry you were disappointed. I've had crockpot dinners turn into dining out. I'm good with that. Nothing ventured = nothing gained. And on that note...have an awesome day!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were disappointed, that's a bummer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started reading that book, too!
    Hope your week is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no!! i just hate being disappointed like that. twice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We saw the same line up Saturday night and when we left I said that I would be really mad if she ever won Entertainer of the Year. So disappointed. Justin Moore stole the show for us. We couldn't hear RaeLynn as they had the instruments louder than her microphone, but according to your review maybe that's a good thing! Our local paper nailed the review for the concert. http://www.pjstar.com/article/20150222/ENTERTAINMENT/150229841

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know Miranda could disappoint..what a shame! I think we've all had dinners that turned into either take out or going out but it's not fun when you're hungry and so are the kiddos and hubby LOL! Have a great rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.