Monday, February 16, 2015

President's Day


In honor of our holiday today, I am sharing pictures of some of the Presidential homes we have visited in our travels. We have also visited Presidential museums, gravesites and libraries but here are some of the homes....

Dwight Eisenhower boyhood home in Abilene, Kansas - his gravesite is also at this location. The museum is very interesting.


William Clinton boyhood home in Hope, Arkansas.

 Abraham Lincoln home in Springfield, Illinois. You can spend a whole day in Springfield visiting Lincoln sites.


William Taft home in Cincinnati, Ohio.

 Harry Truman home in Independence, Missouri.

 Rutherford Hayes home in Fremont, Ohio.

William McKinley home in Canton, Ohio. It is now the First Ladies National Historic Site, which is very cool.

 Herbert Hoover birthplace in West Branch, Iowa. His library, museum and gravesite are all at the same location..

5 comments:

  1. That is sooooo cool. I love history. I didn't think of it but we went to Reagan's Library - it was amazing. I'd like to go to some others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:54 PM

    Some of their beginnings were pretty humble, weren't they? Loved this post.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that is!!
    We have visited a few too however the only one that I remember that comes to mind right now is the Abe Lincolns one.
    I lived 45 minutes from there and we took school field trips there.
    Also the city I grew up in when i was younger and lived in IL we had a Lincolns cabin at one of our parks. When we are traveling we try to find Historical education places to visit too we haven't had to much luck in Presidents homes but we have seen some old jails, farms, general stores and forts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! I hope to travel the states one day, especial the 13 original colonies.
    Stopping over via travel Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.