Monday, May 09, 2016

Weekend - Mother's Day

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend!


The weather was GORGEOUS (sunny and almost 80) on Friday. [Is it just me, or is it hard to look at it through the windows at work and then you feel trapped?] So we went and got grilling stuff and threw dinner on the grill. It was SO good!!!!


I had to work at the library on Saturday. Again, another fairly nice day and it was pretty quiet in there. Little Miss spent the day with my parents and went to the prom Grand March for the school my mom works at and my cousins attend. She LOVED the dresses and guessed the boys looked ok too.


My favorite day was yesterday. Not because it was Mother's Day (happy belated day to all of you!) but because I got to spend the day with my 3 favorite people and go to a Cubs game!  It took almost 5 hours and 13 innings but Javier Baez hit a walk off homer. It was glorious! It was 9:30 by the time we got home last night; after the game; traffic and a stop for dinner.

We started yesterday with a free breakfast for mom at McDonald's.


Pre-game shenanigans:



An us-ie

View from our seats:


The Super Rope vendor finally made it to our section:

Home plate celebration!


13 innings of baseball on my scorecard:

And my husband is THE BEST!!!!! He bought me a Santo jersey!!

Now I've made it to a Cubs game this year. I'm happy!

How was your weekend?
What did you do?


Linking up with B Loved Boston for some weekending. Check her blog and others out.

4 comments:

  1. Your Cubs are sure doing a heck of a lot better than my Reds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! LOVING the photos!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.