Monday, January 28, 2008

My weekend

Happy Monday!

My weekend passed in a blur! Saturday morning, DH & I went to tan. I felt a little better after some fake sun. I get the blues so bad this time of year! He & I had a discussion on the upcoming school referendum. I think it will go through.... By the way, another FYI - did you know that sugar spilled on the inside of a hot oven burns VERY quickly and is VERY smoky! I also learned my teenage son sleeps through the smoke detectors going off! SCARY!

I worked at the library on Saturday afternoon and it was BUSY! I left there after 4 hours, absolutely exhausted! The weather was nice - sunny & 30s, so I'm sure that brought lots of people out.

Saturday night was quite uneventful - DH was asleep on the couch by 7:30 and I scrapped for a couple of hours.

***********************

Sunday morning, we took the kids clothes shopping with their Christmas gift cards. DD thought we were just going to drop her off and she could pick out what she wanted and we'd be back to get her. Boy, was she mad when she found out we were shopping with her! Nothing better than an independent almost 4 year old! We found her some cute shirts and pants, so she should be set for a while. DS found a couple of shirts at Old Navy but only got 1.... he thought $10 was too much for a shirt and it ended up being $5 when he got to the register but I couldn't talk him into getting another one.

I made a ham for lunch and then went to a wonderful, very fun, White Elephant tea yesterday afternoon. I FINALLY got to meet my friend, Susanne, whom I have been chatting with via message boards and e-mails for about 3 years. It was wonderful to finally meet her in person and meet her friends. My friend, Monica, met me there. It was GREAT to see her too! :) And will see her again in a couple of weeks - YEA!

Last night was a little scrapping (got my Valentines done) and reading. Watched SAG Awards and crashed.

I did manage to get a LITTLE exercise in this weekend - a quick pilates and a short walk on the treadmill. I need to find my motivation - I want to be REALLY good this week!

**************************
I am contemplating going back to one of my formerly frequented scrapbook message boards. I will have to think about it, but will probably go back and see how everyone is doing.

**************************
I got to work this morning and my boss lays an e-mail in front of me that a client had sent him. They told him they had received good service from me and enjoyed my friendliness. What a nice way to start a week! :)

Hope you had a great weekend!
HUGS!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we finally got to meet, in person, too! :D And yeah, I know all about burnt sugar ... NASTY!!! :D If you're having fun at HOP, by all means, stay ... you've obviously been missed! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.