Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thank you!

First, thank you to all my blog readers. I love having visitors, it inspires me to post more often.  I appreciate your comments.

My WONDERFUL hubby put a new window in our kitchen. It opens and doesn't let every bug in the county in. It's so nice to open it and get some fresh air now.

Yesterday morning on my way to work, I came upon the scene of a car vs. motorcycle accident. It was VERY scary!  I saw a lot more than I wanted to and according to accounts this morning, all are in stable condition.  It made me realize that there are very important things in life that I forget a lot of times.

*Tell those you love that you love them.
*Don't be afraid to give a hug
*Appreciate each day you have
*Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly (I think my grandmother told me that when I got my license)
*Take a little time each day to appreciate a small detail in something or someone

Sorry, I don't mean to be preachy (and hope I don't sound so) but those little words of wisdom snuck up on me yesterday.

On another note...I finally got up the guts to hand over my VERY rough draft of a story I've been working on for about 4 years to a friend to look at. I think I'm at a point now, that I can take critism and a critique without taking it the wrong way. I've sent in some short stories to a couple of contests and publications to no avail, but I won't give up. My goal is to have it all written by February (sorry A - I know I told you 3 months...). 

Not exactly sure what this coming weekend holds for us. I'm HOPING maybe to visit a farmer's market somewhere. One of DD's favorite authors is appearing at a local bookstore, so we might try to make it there to meet her.  Other than that, perhaps it will be a relaxing/cleaning/crafty weekend...

Wishing you all a great rest of the week!
What are you up to this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Motorcycle/car collisions happen way too often. Glad to hear all are doing well. Good luck with your writing! I'm actually in the midst of reading the advance copy of a book that will be featured on my blog in a few months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when they accomplish something on the Honey Do List!! Congrats!

    Good luck on your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:59 PM

    How exciting that you're writing! Always welcome critiques as you can only grow with them.

    As for your words of wisdom, why not make some word art with those thigns on it? They are great reminders for all of us.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you for writing!! How exciting!! I'm glad the people in the accident are doing ok, really puts things in perspective doesn't it?
    Good luck in getting published!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.