Thursday, March 12, 2015

It's an art

This aging thing! It's an art that I'm still trying to figure out.
 
I hit 40 last year. It didn't bother me (truthfully, 30 was WAY harder to deal with for me!) - it still doesn't bother me. I'm excited to be in another decade of life.
 
What started to bother me a few weeks ago, was a few more wrinkles I've started to notice; more grey hairs; and that my eyesight is starting to act...well - old. (How far away from my face can I hold that to read it?) BUT - I have come to terms with all of these things and know that more wrinkles and grey hair are in my future and that my eye prescription is going to have be stronger and that body parts aren't going to work as well as they did 20 years ago...but that's ok!


Like everyone else, I have good days and bad days.
There are days I dance and skip around and think,
I can't believe I'm 40.
There are days where I'm dragging and think,
I feel like I'm 80.

 
I hope not to jinx it but I've made it 40 years in this life:
I've been a mom almost 22 of them; 
wife 17 1/2 of them;
an aunt for 16 of them.
I have never broken a bone; gotten a speeding ticket; or been the driver in an auto accident. (Again - hoping not to jinx things...)  I intend to live a long life (and hope it's as healthy as possible) and am pretty sure heredity is on my side here. Have I made mistakes in my life? YES! Would I change the outcome of where I am now? NEVER!

 
I know I will still have days where I look in the mirror and hate the wrinkles and grey hair and that's ok. I just have to remember that it's a sign of maturity not age. (And yes - I use the word "maturity" very loosely) Truthfully, I want to be one of those little old ladies that people laugh about (or at) and doesn't care what comes out of my mouth (and I'm starting to get that part down pretty well...).
 
Cheers to getting older and enjoying it!

5 comments:

  1. You are braver than me ... I still HATE to admit that I am 43 :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:47 PM

    Getting older is a part of life. I don't think any of us like what happens to our hair, skin, bodies (Gee, was that so low yesterday?) or our health as we age. On the up side, every day that we can get up, get dressed and do something/anything is a good day.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes-cheers to getting older and enjoying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://youtu.be/UXnHcIOcmUM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have coped with getting older by not caring quite so much about what other people think about me-- sort of goes along with your 'wisdom highlights' instead of white hair cartoon, I think. It's one of the good things about getting older!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.