Friday, May 22, 2015

Vacation 2015 - Day 2

And continuing on with our vacation adventures....

(You can read about Day 1 HERE-Day 1)

We got up early and headed to Death Valley National Park. (It was about 2 1/2 hours)  I, myself, went into this stop figuring we were going to see a salt flat, tumbleweeds and maybe a bleached out cow skull. I could not have been more wrong! It was beautiful and I LOVED it!!!  We only got to see about the south 1/3 of the park - it is HUGE!!!!!

Oh - and here's a lesson we learned....go with a FULL tank of gas! There are very few gas stations when you get close to Death Valley and...they are in CALIFORNIA (aka: HIGH gas prices). We had to put a little in before heading back to Vegas - to the tune of $5.04/gallon. (GULP!)

Anyway, I digress....  I give you - Death Valley


 

 
 We drove the "Artist's Palette" drive - WOW! The colors and rocks were amazing! (Pictures do it no justice)
 
 
 
"More pictures?!"
 
We actually had a good picture taken of the two of us.  There is a whole series of pictures that Young Mr. took.... my mom will laugh when she sees them.  (Mom - think my graduation pictures that Phil took.)
 
Yes, that says 103F! It was like a blast furnace...
 
We stopped at Badwaters - the lowest point and a giant salt flat.
 

 
My salt flat selfie

 
Back seat sillies!

Driving back toward Las Vegas there were lots of cactus, Joshua trees, palm trees and this is one of the dust devils we saw.
 
She wasn't tired....
 
We grabbed a quick, late lunch and went back to our hotel to lay down for a while.
We all went to MGM to see KA - a Cirque du Soleil show - it was amazing! Little Miss sat on the edge of her seat through most of it.
 
That was the end of day 2!  Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. Death Valley is one of my favorite places, I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! We love Vegas and CA!!! And 103 ... lol ... that's nothing!!!! Phoenix and Death Valley are always competing for the highest temps!! HA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! This place is more beautiful than I thought! So glad you took lots of pictures. I can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and interesting! I love your comment about the bleached out skull. I love your photos and they show what a beautiful place Death Valley is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.