Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Travel Tuesday/Post #1500

So here we are. My 1,500th blog post. Wow!

I struggled with what to post for this milestone. After much thought, I decided a "Travel Tuesday" works. So....here we are "traveling" to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
My Mr. planned a birthday weekend trip for me to visit the HOF last summer. It was all I imagined and then some. It was amazing to look at artifacts that players had worn/used.
Two weeks before we were headed to Cooperstown, they had a 4 foot snow. So, we were a little nervous headed out, BUT most of the snow was gone. It rained and snowed a couple of inches over the weekend but we didn't let it put a damper on things.
The view from our hotel room:
The views were pretty

The locker collections [for all the teams] are awesome!
 Kerry Wood's jersey:
 Yosh Kawano's hat:


 
 

I am not a Mark McGwire fan but there was a display of the home run battle between he & Sammy Sosa in 1998. It was very cool!
 
 

 
 Just hanging out with Benny...


 

This represents Ted Williams' batting averages in the different areas of the strike zone.
This alone made me giddy before I even walked into "the hall". And when I did, it took my breath away!
We literally had it all to ourselves which was wonderful!


Ready for the Class of 2017:
(signed here are: Jeff Bagwell; Ivan Rodriguez; and John Schuerholz)
[Bagwell had been there Tuesday & Wednesday before we got there and Tim Raines was there the Tuesday & Wednesday after we were there]

Some of the plaques:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My favorite baseball guy!


 

This was a fun little display

 

 

After we got done with our tour of the Hall, we went out to the Cooperstown Bat Company factory and watched them turn bats. THAT was really cool! (sorry, no pictures of the actual turning)
 Turned bats waiting to be finished:

One more thing off my bucket list. Plus, it was nice to get away with my Mr. and go on a couple other adventures (I will post those next week).

 



4 comments:

  1. How awesome!!!! And Happy 1500th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! I would love to go there! I have been to the Louisville Slugger museum , which I recommend if you ever get the chance.

    Congrats on your 1,500th post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool trip. I love stuff like that. There have been specials on either the history or smithsonian channel on the greats lives. Congrats on 1500 post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came here from a Cubbie comment you left on my blog, and OH! Am I glad I did! I've never been to the HOF, and had no idea Yosh Kawano made it. Good for him! And I adore that my most favorite player, Greg Maddux, doesn't have a team insignia on his cap. Part of him was always a Cub.

    Thanks for sharing your fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.