Saturday, March 10, 2007

Why? and other mish mash

Why do people think that if they drop off their kids at the library, we will babysit?
Why does the weather get nice when I have to be inside?
Why are some people SO RUDE????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The snow is melting FAST! The river that runs behind the houses across the street is going to spill over its banks - probably tonight. We'll see! Spring is coming! I have a few little green nubbins of flowers starting to come up. I am SO ready to get out in the flower beds and plan what I want this year....

On the rude people note: One of my former bank customers (she's a little "off") comes to the library regularly and I DREAD seeing her. (I know it sounds terrible....sorry!) Anyway, the other day she looked at me and said (in front of about 4 co-workers and 5 patrons), "You're really getting a lot of gray in your hair". It took everything I had not to cry right there. It is something I am VERY self-conscious about and right now there is no money to cover it so I just have to live with it. I wanted to reply, "Really? Thanks! I hadn't noticed that about half my head is gray, thank you!" ARGH!!!!!!!!!

DH & his mom are taking the kids to the zoo tomorrow - I have to work at the library, but should have a few quiet hours to myself after they leave. The weather is supposed to be good so we decided we should take them before it gets cold again (next week).

I applied for a job at the hospital here today and am hoping maybe.... I have a few other places to "visit" this coming week. I keep hoping and praying!


I hope you are all having a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. i heard of people doing that
    not cool at all to leave your children at the library and leave

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeez people can be so rude!

    I work at a restaurant on Thur and Fri night. It's a LARGE restaurant with the lounge enclosed in the middle and the surrounding restaurant is a large circle around the lounge. EVERY Friday we have a family come with their son who wears Heelies, those shoes that have the wheels in them. He cirles the restaurant like 8 million times on his skates and we have to dodge him with our trays and stuff! GOSH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Jen!! Thats just like when you are sick and people tell you you look like crap---Thanks so much like I didn't know that! ARGH!!!

    Have a better weekend!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH!!!! about the rude person and the gray hair comment!!
    My DH just made that comment last night to me, but it was made lovingly (I think! LOL) And, besides, it sure is true!!! I need it covered up bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never leave my kids at the library. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be praying with you, Jen!

    If she comes in again, just tell her, "you know, I can dye my hair and my gray hair would dissapear, but your rudness and ugliness will forever stay!" Oh, I can't stand people like that! What is the matter with her? Maybe she doesn't have a nice family, or something... geezee, I can't understand why some people have to come and rain on someone else's parade!

    I also have probably near half my hair gray, and I just refuse to dye it anymore! It gets old to have to touch and retouch it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.