Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring has sprung!

Ok, not OFFICIALLY on the calendar but I had the fever BAD today! It was 70, sunny, breezy and "balmy". Loving it!

I know spring is back: the street basketball games are on...the sidewalk chalk artists are out...i hear kids screaming...windows are open (at least a little)...the birds are chirping...parents are playing ball with their kids...neighbors are congregating the street to catch up...cold beverages of your choice are being shared...talk of decks and fences are running rampant..."how many days until spring break?"...the dirt ring in the tub after bathtime...children sleeping VERY soundly in their beds after a hard day at play.

On that note, I finished cutting out all the dead flowers around the house this afternoon and lo & behold - there was GREEN!!!!!!!!!!! It was wonderful! My daffodils are coming up and I can't wait for them to bloom. I walked to daycare to pick up DD today and it was a WONDERFUL stroll.

I was up real early this morning - thank you DH for hogging the bed...ok. Anyway, to my point...there isn't much on at 4 a.m. so I turned on the Military Channel. VERY interesting! I watched a show on air craft carriers - WHOA! I think that's a job I'll pass on. Talk about pressure! Kudos to them! Then I started watching a show about tanks - dude, seriously! That's a little too small of a space for me but what an awesome weapon. Our hats off to our military personnel and thank you for everything you do! Thank you also to their families who fight the battles at home.

A recap of our week thus far:
Sunday - DH took the kids to the zoo. They had a good time but I don't think all of their animals have returned from the "warmer" zoos yet.
Monday - one of our wonderful neighbors saw DD & I out blowing bubbles and came running over with a HUGE jug of bubbles. He said his kids had outgrown them and she looked like she needed them. THANKS!!!!!!!
Today - worked outside, ate my ice cream and read outside this afternoon (that was bliss). I applied for a few more jobs (cross your fingers).
Tomorrow - day with DD and work at the library in the evening. Oh, and hopefully (I'm trying not to laugh) with some cooperation from DD - I can do her 3 year old photo shoot....yeah, I'm sure she'll love that....

I hope you are all having great weather and good week!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the photo shoot! I'll wait for the pics (but I'll wait SITTING, mind you!)
    That was a GREAT description of today! It was balmy, I had the back door open and I LOVED the BREEZE! We soo need a screen door! I was almost hot at times! I couldn't go out that much, since I was working, but Cesar went to pick up the kids from the daycare on foot. Of course, he took my cell with him, wich is kind of an incentive for him!
    Can't believe you already have green in your yard! I'm still waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are having great weather here too, so glad spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was beautiful here in Ohio also.. I can not wait till it stays this way.. today we have rain.. rain.. rain...

    Good luck with the job apps./...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so eloquently written! I love spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:45 AM

    It is definetly here! It actually feels like we skipped spring here and headed straight for summer and 90 degree weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this warm weather!!

    Good luck on the job front Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:05 PM

    oh the Military Channel sucks me in every time!a

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the job search. Can't wait to see the pic of your DD. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.