Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Not much to smile about

I am really whiny lately and hate when I get like that - so be warned - there will probably be a lot of rambling here.
I feel like life just sucks right now! Every day, another bill comes (not the small utility kind). I feel the noose tightening a little more everyday. I just want a job. Isn't that weird that most women would LOVE to be home, that work. Don't get me wrong - I like the time I do have at home to get things done and I love the 2 days/week that DD is here, but I miss my routine. I like a routine day. I feel the strain of money problems and not having enough of it.
I had thought about taking a few kids in to watch, but then I'm afraid of that. I love kids and think I would enjoy it but what if I burn out or really DON'T like it? DH is supportive of my doing it. Then, I think, health insurance - we'll have to pay for that on our own. Can we make enough to pay for that?
I never thought life was full of so many questions, but I tell you, when there is a life change of any kind - the questions come pouring out.
I hate that I have been getting invitations to crops, get togethers and lunches left and right. Yeah, right.... Thanks! : )
My friends have been amazing and I "heart" you all and thank you for your support and encouragement.
Ok, before I start another tyrade - I'm out!
Have a good day!

5 comments:

  1. awww Jen!

    I feel like this at times too.

    I DID start babysitting. last year I watched my friend's two little ones every day of the week, then half way through the year I took on a friend's grandbaby, every day. Then when summer came, i got the summer off from the two but still had the baby (that was actually fun). Then once school started, I had the two only thurs & fri, and the baby every day. Then I took off in Nov. for 3 months from the surgeries I had- and during that time the baby's mom lost her job so I just have the two now.

    haveing the two OR the baby is fine but all three. agh! ive gotten too used to being able to go leave the house when I want to! LOL

    IT WILL get better. We're a bit tight right now too- out car ins for the year, property taxes, property ins and house payment all came due AT THE SAME TIME. It will get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no helpful words of wisdom or advice but do want to offer encouragement.

    Hang in there, Jen. Things will get better eventually. Your patience and resolve are being tested right now, but just remember that a reward is sure to come!

    In the meantime, enjoy the extra time you get to spend with DD. I've said it before but I bet she's in heaven that she gets to spend more time with mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, girl, I hate that you're feeling this way right now! I choose to stay at home with my girls and I do some freelance work, but there are times when the financial strain is almost too much! I often ask if I should go back to work full-time. Just such a hard dilemna!
    I think would be great at keeping kids in your home. At least it's something to consider.
    Keep your chin up and keep the faith. Things ALWAYS get better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey.. just sending some big hugs!

    La-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of hugs Jen :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.