Friday, June 19, 2015

Vacation 2015, Day 7

Happy Friday!

Day 2 of the Grand Canyon. BRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! The weather predicted for that Friday was cold (high of 34) and snow. Both were correct! We weathered the weather and enjoyed it anyway.


 
 That haze? That's snow!

 
A survey marker at Hopi Lookout:
 
 
 
 





 
 
My disappointment was eased as we drove out of the park - we finally saw elk (right alongside the road)! [It never fails to amaze me the morons that approach the wildlife - LEAVE THEM BE!]

We stopped at McDonald's for lunch and drove onto Kingman Arizona for the night. We drove through a white out on the interstate. We got off the interstate and drove on Route 66.
 
This is AFTER the whiteout had lightened:
 The kids were GREATLY amused by the Burma-Shave signs along 66.

We stayed at a Hampton Inn in Kingman - quiet and comfortable.
 
You can read the other posts of our vacation if you want:
 
 *Once I finish all the vacation posts - I will share more little vaca stories and "outtake" pictures.
 
Wishing you all a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful - what a great trip! I hope to see it someday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Grand Canyon! It's such an amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:17 PM

    Grand Canyon is on my bucket list for a trip (maybe in the next couple of years) out west. Also want to drive the Pacific Coast Highway. Looks like a fun (except the snow part) trip!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grand Canyon is just breathtaking isn't it??? I love it there ... and even though it's in my state -- I don't go there a lot since it's still a 4 and 1/2 drive from home! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, snow? Well it looks like an awesome time anyway!! This is on our bucket list too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.