Monday, January 25, 2016

Happy Monday!

Welcome back to the "work week". For those of you on the East Coast, I hope you weathered Jonas ok. We had a decent January weekend here in Illinois. There are birds everywhere (which is unusual for January) - I woke up to birds outside my bedroom window this weekend.


Our weekend wasn't SUPER exciting - we did some shopping and errands on Saturday. Yesterday, we all worked.


The Mr. had a gift card to Berland's House of Tools so we went there on Saturday. He & Young Mr. walked around and drooled for about 1 1/2 hours.


We came across this display while we were waiting for them...and Little Miss started dying laughing. 'It says "Tough Guy" and he's wearing a lei.' So she had to pose with "Tough Guy"


 A boy's wonderland


And then the kids found this hard hat and each had to pose with it on. Who wore it better?


Then on to lunch at Chik-Fil-A. And further shopping. I went to Clothes Mentor - and scored!
That's right: a pair jeans; a pair of khaki pants; 2 skirts; 3 shirts and a coat for $60. Yet another step toward recreating my closet.


Then to Barnes & Noble (oh how I miss our B & N!). And I made this haul...Little Miss also made a pretty good haul too!

We stopped at the violin shop to get Little Miss some resin - she found it in purple and was ecstatic! She also found some sheet music and will probably start working on that soon.

Yesterday, just work at the library for me and Mr. and Young Mr. worked at customer's house on redoing a bathroom.

How was your weekend? What did you do?

2 comments:

  1. Haha her photo with the tough guy is awesome! I would have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great weekend - love the tough guy photo!

    I did a lot of organizing this weekend - it was cold and snowy so it was nice to stay and catch up on those projects you never get to. I organized some files and cleaned out and organized my pantry. All and all - a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.