Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Show Us Your Books - December

Today I'm linking up with Steph and Jana for:




This link up happens the second Tuesday of every month.


The next one is Tuesday, February 9, 2016. 


My December Reads (my reading was a little light due to vacation and the holidays):

What the Lady Wants by Renee Rosen. I gave it 4 stars. The story of Marshall Field's rise and his love affairs. There was a lot of interesting Chicago history in this book.

The Art Forger by Barbara A. Shapiro. I gave this 3 stars. This is the story of Claire Roth and the deal she makes to forge a painting in exchange for her own art show. It was ok but I struggled to hold my interest with this one.
The First Ladies by Feather Schwartz Foster. I gave this 3 stars. There were some interesting tidbits on several of the First Ladies of the United States. If you want a quick read - this would be a pretty good pick up.

What did you read?

Please make sure you stop by Steph and Jana's blogs.


PS: You can find me at Goodreads here: Jen

5 comments:

  1. The Art Forger seems like it could be interesting but also like it could fall flat.

    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you linked your GoodReads account! I'm curious to look through more of your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about The Art Forger....it seems like people either really like it or hate it! Not sure if I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the Lady Wants sounds interesting! I was unaware Marshall Fields had love affairs to be written about.

    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't really read any books last month - as you said, it is kind of a busy time and I just had other things going on.

    Maybe in January :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.