Saturday, April 23, 2016

A slight change in direction

For the past almost 6 months, I have walked by my craft desk and stared at the same half-finished layout that has been sitting there. Nothing about it has changed.


I love scrapbooking.
I love the friendships I have made through scrapbooking.
I just don't "feel" it like I did. I don't feel like I have the time to sit down and scrap. I don't have the space to work in like I used to and that is a frustration. I have contemplated selling all my supplies and moving on. I feel overwhelmed by it when I look at the boxes of photos of the kids as they've grown up and travel memorabilia I have waiting to be scrapped. I have been making photo books through Shutterfly of each of our vacations.


So - I chatted with my Mr. about it the other night. He doesn't want me to get rid of my stuff because he thinks I will regret it later. (Probably..) I think I have decided to just work on scrapbooks for our vacations using highlight photos and memorabilia, as I feel like it. Then make a photo book of each trip too. I think I will start working on an annual book for our family of our daily type photos and little day trips we take.


What about my other scrapbooking friends out there? Have your priorities changed over time with regards to scrapping?

5 comments:

  1. I know lots of scrappers have gone through the same thing as you -- I haven't (yet) ... I still love it .. but with my weight loss journey, I don't do it as often as I used to ... I need to be MOVING to lose weight, not sitting on my bootie scrapping! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely don't scrapbook as much as I used to, but I feel like I'll magically have the time and ambition again someday. I'm working on Penelope's first year book and then obviously I'll have the new baby to work on as well. I try to make our vacation books a priority because even the kids like flipping through them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a turn in 2012. I felt totally overwhelmed. So now although I miss traditional scrapbooking on occasion, I now strictly do Project Life. http://beckyhiggins.com/project-life/ There's no designing to do, it's done for me.
    I feel so much freedom with it. I still decorate a little bit with washi tape etc. and unlike my scrapbooking pages, the journaling is typed. That's another freedom for me. Some things I'll write because my kids love my printing (not because it's good-it's awful, but because it's mine). I do agree with hubby in that for now, don't get rid of everything. Give it some time to be sure.
    Shutterfly books are great! I have a few of them of my grands birthdays. I need to catch up with those. Good luck and remember to do what feels right for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really love to get into scrapbooking because I have so many ideas in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do scrapbooks too but it just got to be too much. I too have photos still sitting there from YEARS ago that I have not even touched. But I have done annual photo albums since 2010 & I like doing those much more. It's still work but not as much & the memories are all still there & that's the important thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.