Sunday, April 10, 2016

Just a note

On marriage and family...


I don't usually get real serious here and I'm not really sure what I saying here, but-let the rambling begin. As I lay in bed the other night, I reflected on how lucky and loved I am.


My Mr. and I have been married for 18 1/2 years and known each other for almost 21 years. (WOW....that long already!) We have never parted without a kiss and an "I love you", even when we were upset. We have been through some tough times - really tough times and we're still standing together. I think because of those times, our love is stronger and we understand each other a lot better. That man is my best friend and I truly can not imagine my life without him!


I know some people think we're "strange" or "overbearing" or whatever you want to call it, because we do so many things together-we rarely do anything without the other (that doesn't count going to work). We do a lot of things with our kids too. We don't go out by ourselves more than a couple times a year. BUT - it's who we are. We like spending time together and with our kids. I brought Young Mr. into our marriage, so we have really never known not having a child around.


We treasure our time together and with our kids. We know our kids won't always be around all the time (I think...). If that is "wrong" to other people, well - that is fine. I feel like how we handle our marriage and family is our business.


Cheers to all of you and your loved ones!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you guys are so close & there is absolutely nothing wrong with that & anyone who says otherwise is a fool. Really do enjoy your time with your young ones now cuz things really do change as they get older, believe me.

    Have a good Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You guys are pretty much amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great thing to be close and most people who think it's strange are jealous! Kudos to you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.