Monday, April 04, 2016

Weekend recap

First and foremost, Happy Monday and Happy Opening Day!!!!

Today I am linking up with B Loved Boston for her weekend recap link up. I hope you'll pop over and read some of those blogs too!

To me the weekend starts when I leave work on Friday.
So... Friday night we went to Ruby Tuesday's for a little belated birthday dinner.


Saturday, the weather was...well, Midwestern!!! We went to Chicago for the day and drove through a few white outs with a bitingly cold wind behind them. (Thanks, Canada...) BUT we had a good lunch, a fairly easy drive and stopped at Woodfield Mall for a couple of hours.

Our first stop was at Berland's House of Tools...
The boys enjoy it!

 We might get a little bored...

and try to amuse ourselves.
Then, on to the city for lunch!
You might have seen it on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives. It doesn't look like much from the outside and we drove past it the first time without seeing it. It was good!
 
 



Then through the blowing snow to the mall:
I got some macaroon from Godiva (SOOOO good!)
 Little Miss got new bedding. 
Before:
 After:

Yesterday (Sunday), we laid pretty low. The weather was sunny, windy and 70. My Mr. and Young Mr. went to work for about an hour. I got some laundry done, worked on our taxes and watched the ACMs.
I got two sets of photos out to clients this weekend and feel good about them.
One was for a 40th surprise party I shot a couple weeks ago:
and another of this sweet pea:

 Taxes are done and it didn't turn out as bad as I was stressing about!

The ACMs I found to be pretty dull, the sound was terrible and the one bright spot for me was this commercial that was on during them:
How was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I missed the ACMs as I was watching the Royals game but it sounds like I didn't miss much! The same people win everytime and it is just boring for me now haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice weekend...except of the yucky snow/wind. It was like that here on Saturday. Yuck! I'm ready for some nice weather already!

    Those meals looked pretty delish & have me craving some cornbread...I'm assuming that was one of the sides pictured & I love me some cornbread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that commercial is soooo funny! And oh my gosh, my Hubs would loooove to visit that restaurant! Oh my gosh, he'd love it. Seriously, I could win some major points if I surprise him with a lunch/dinner there sometime in the future. So cool! Have a great day, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.