Monday, November 13, 2006

Surprise!

I had a HELL of an afternoon on Friday. I was never so glad to see a Friday end!

I worked at the library all day on Saturday. It was pretty busy and we had a few different groups meeting there. The basement is under construction so things are all weird there and parts are closed up. It's supposed to be done by the end of this week.

When I got home from work on Saturday, my DH had a suitcase packed and said "Let's go". He had booked a night at a hotel for us and DD. We stayed at a Homewood Suites and did some shopping at Woodfield Mall.

We did Build a Bear for DD. She thought that was cool and "Pinky" has been her new best friend. She was SO good - it was a really late night on Saturday and a busy day yesterday.

I was reminded why I HATE (I do mean that in the strongest sense of the word) clothes shopping. I need a new pair of jeans. Well, the problem is, apparently I have a funny body shape. If a pair fit great in the hips, it was about 6" too big around the waist. (I know no one feels bad for me but it's aggravating!) Does everyone but me have the same size waist and hips? Just curious.... It was just so frustrating and then I just gave up because I was near tears so I'm just going to wear what I have for a while.

DS got home from DC last night. It sounds like he had a great time and I can't wait to hear more of his stories tonight. I quick glanced through the pictures he took last night and they look great!

So, happy Monday! I hope you all have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:39 AM

    Oh my - I can totally relate to funny body shapes!!! LOL Bet build-a-bear was fun tho :) Happy Monday Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:12 AM

    I hate clothes shopping! Especially for jeans! Ugh! I have very skinny long legs and a thick mid section, oh ya I am also very short wasted, so I struglle with jeans all teh time!!! I feel your pain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:38 PM

    yes clothes shopping is the worst!
    i never shop for me unless i absolutely have to!!

    So sweet of dh to surprise you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I hate clothes shopping too...me I have a big MIDSECTION so fittin it makes the legs NASTY...LOL.

    Glad DS had a good time in DC.

    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great surprise and a fun weekend... I hate clothes shopping too... but cause none of my ideas of what is cute is cute in reality on a big girl! LOL

    Have a super week!

    La-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.