Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A vent & a story

Sorry, I know some of you have probably heard this.

Customer service....I worked in banks that EMPHASIZED and coached customer service like a religion. I am so disappointed when I get the "service" that is USUALLY provided.

I placed an order on-line on Sunday. I got an e-mail from the company on Monday saying that my card couldn't be authorized, so I called. I had entered the wrong expiration date - my fault, no problem. I gave her ALL my card information. She assured me the order would be shipped that day.

Today (Wednesday), I get ANOTHER e-mail saying my card can't be authorized and I have 2 days to clarify it or they will cancel my order. So, I call my bank to see what the problem is. They tell me it is for an incorrect number. I call the company. They have not changed any of the information I gave the girl on Monday. ARGH!!!!!!!!! I tell the girl that it was supposed to have been changed on Monday and I was hoping to have my order by the time we left on vacation. She took my info and said she would give it to her supervisor.

Stay tuned....


In other "news" - I DID vote yesterday. It was an agonizing process. I had to take DD with me so that was an adventure in in itself. She LOUDLY proclaimed as we walked in that the people were "hiding". Everyone in the place was rolling.... So I get my ballot and take her in the booth with me and she insists that she wants to "play your game with you". I explain quietly that it is for big people and that it's not a game, it's voting. She looked at me and said "We are boating?" and begins to sing "Row Row Row your Boat". UGH!!!!!!! I am ready to die of embarassment at this point because she is NOT quiet. When I finally finished, everyone in the place was watching us and a few of the ladies were crying they were laughing so hard. I'll probably have my voters card revoked.

I hope you all have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:22 PM

    I love the row, row your boat story! That is why I absentied this year. I figure it would be easier then lugging my 1 armed monster with me.

    And it seems like customer service is getting worse anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying my own tears of laughter at that story. Sorry you were embarrassed but that is hysterical! Thank you for making my day with that story.

    My boss told me that his wife took their four-year-old daughter to the polls last night. When boss asked DD who she voted for DD replied, "the Demo-rats."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:38 PM

    Love the new page!! That is the exact reason why Dad stays in the car with the kiddies....lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, ordering on-line is always tough for me. I always get all irritated if things don't go my way. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugg to the whole costumer service dilema..hope everything gets worked out.

    and LOL at your 'boating' story ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:30 AM

    LOL what a funny story (the second one, not the first of course), love your new template!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol!! how cute is that!! You should scrap that story!!

    I hope you get your order Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.