Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mom Reality

Reality sucks sometimes!

My dose of reality came yesterday in the mail. Yes, that's right.... (I sit here writing this rambling - I'm sure it will be - with tears in my eyes)

My "little" man will be going to high school next year. We got a letter from his counselor for next year informing us of HS orientation night coming up and that they will be visiting with the 8th graders to discuss their class schedules for next year.

I'm not ready for this! I don't want him to be that grown up. I don't want to be old enough to have a high schooler! I feel so torn...

I LOVE watching him become a young man. I love to see him succeed and achieve his goals. He's thinking he might want to go to a local academy for a couple of years of high school. I don't think I want him to be "dormed" in high school.

The girls call now - what will happen when he gets to high school? I'm not ready for that stuff!

How did my parents deal with 5 teenagers? There were 4 of us as teenagers all at home at one point. Lord... My parents ARE my heroes!!!

Am I overreacting? Am I being too protective?

This teenage stuff can be stinky at times!

9 comments:

  1. I don't think you are overreacting, it's just what is called "A mom's heart!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are doing a GOOD job girlie!!! Just continue to be supportive and BE THERE for you these next couple of years ... its gonna be hard for both of you. p.s. i already have girls calling for my almost 6-year old! eeeek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I don't look forward to the teenage years! I don't think its something your ever ready for!

    Hugs to you Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moms have a hard time letting their boys grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you Jen! It's going to be hard to adjust, but the both of you will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl, I can know how you feel! My oldest daughter is a freshman in high school and I felt the same way last year when she had to go to the high school open house and register for classes. It just comes SO fast!! I never really realized how true that is, but it is! I can already see college on the horizon and I don't like it!!!
    Hold on to them tight!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :( Sorry you have to deal with this.. Thank goodness I have a few years til I have to deal with it.. Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No you are not.. enjoy this time.. Really take the time to enjoy it.. I didn't (teenagers are tough to like sometimes)....but before you know it they are off to college... DONT CRY....it's all good in the end!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:42 PM

    Oh, I can't even imagine how fast it all goes! I have a little bitty one so obviously don't know exactly how you're feeling but I know that the 7 months that I've had with my little gal have all flown right by so I can only imagine how fast the years fly by. I think you're totally normal thinking about your boy growing up... and the girls, the girls, the girls... arrggghhh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.