Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Flashback!

I worked in Youth Services last night and I came across some books that I LOVED as a kid.
The RAMONA series
Little House books
Nancy Drew mysteries

Oh, man! I was standing there laughing at how long ago I read those and how old I feel. I enjoyed those books and in fact, checked a couple of them out just for old times' sake!
What were some of your favorite books as a kid?

Then, when I got home, DH & I watched NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION. We were HOWLING with laughter! There were parts that we had never picked up on before. And the more the movie went on, the more we realized, we are Clark & Ellen!


It's snowing here today - no school! I work this afternoon, so we'll see if that gets closed.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:52 AM

    OMG... Nancy Drew Mysteries - I remember those well LOL... hope you;re OK girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's funny!! I don't know if I am an ellen, but my hubby is soooo....a Clark!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Ramona books and Nancy Drew! That really brings back memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 10 yo DD loves the Ramona books! I grew up in the UK and my favorite author was a lady called Enid Blyton; "The Enchanted Treehouse" was one I read over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Romona books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:04 PM

    I loved Ramona and the Little House books. I don't remember if I read a lot of Nancy Drews or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I still have all my old Ramona, Nancy Drew and Little House books!

    How cool that you work in a library. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I loved reading Nancy Drew Mysteries, Black Beauty, Charlotte's Web and Loved all of Judy Blume books. I think I can name alot more of my favorites when I was teen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:22 PM

    I loved Nancy Drew when I was a kid. I also owned and read every Baby Sitter's Club book known to mankind, most of them more than once. I was a little out of control with my BSC obsession, though...but that's another discussion for another time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha I love that movie! What a CLASSIC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved (and still love) Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, The Phantom Tollbooth, and Nancy & Plum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Little House books were my absolute favorite, and still are ... I bought the whole set, again, just a couple of years ago.
    Loved Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Bobbsey Twins, Happy Hollisters, and the Raggedy Ann & Andy books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, I loved Nancy Drew,
    Little Women, Canadian Summer, From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs Basil E Frankweiler, and the Johnney Gruelle Series of Raggedy Anne Books.

    I have picked up tons of Judy Blume for my own daughter, and I just found out about Enid Blyton,from an English friend,a few years ago. Plan to read her stuff to my daughter too.

    amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.