Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Last weekend

Hi all, Happy Wednesday! I hope your weekend was wonderful!

We had a good one - an "unplugged", hang out with my family kind of weekend. Sadly, it seems like we need to leave town to have those...

Friday evening, we headed south - to St. Louis. It was a long drive in a driving wind. But we arrived safely and got checked in. We actually stayed in Valley Park - it's a nice area and our hotel was nice.

Saturday, we headed to Six Flags for their opening day (I added a few of the rides we rode to my 40 in 14 list). The weather was GORGEOUS - sunny, upper 50s. We all got a taste of sunshine. The crowd wasn't bad there at all! The longest we waited to ride anything all day (and we were there most of the day) was about half an hour. The highlight of the kids' day was winning super hero capes at a game.

We went back to our hotel about 5:30 and then to dinner at Dickey's BBQ Pit and Fritz's Frozen Custard - both were very tasty!

Sunday we went for an early lunch at Pappy's. If you miss this place while you're in St. Louis....shame on you. Best ribs EVER!!!! Get there early though. We stopped at Cahokia Mounds and climbed Monk's Mound and went through the Visitor's Center.

We had a nice weekend and it was hard to get going for work.

I hope your week is going well!
Hugs

5 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like a nice weekend to me. It's always hard to get back into the flow of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to St Louis- will need to go sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a FUN time!!! Yeah its great to be unplugged for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fab weekend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to go to St. Louis - Hopefully one of these days - glad you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.