Tuesday, April 01, 2014

On to April....

First of all, thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes! You made a good day even better.
When I walked into work yesterday  morning, I found that my husband and son had decorated my desk - the entire top of my desk was covered with confetti and a giant banner on the front of my desk!

Desk decorations:
 
My co-workers got me a cake, flowers and a balloon.
 
It was a great birthday - I'm ready for this new decade in my life!
*************************************
And now for some April "news":
THIS is the 30 day challenge I'm going to take this month. Who's with me?!
Give me a push, readers!
 
The second challenge I'm taking this month is through work. It's called Get Fit on Route 66.
Route 66, Oklahoma, United States of America, North America
For every minute you exerciese/do physical activity, it covers 3 miles of the road.
This started yesterday and after my morning workout this morning, I've made it 119 miles.
The incentive for this?
If I complete the entire 2,448 "miles" there's a cash incentive at the end. I'm planning on rocking this one!
 
My Cubbies didn't fare well yesterday. It took them extra innings to do it, but alas - they lost. Day off today and hopefully they'll do better tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Aww! Your desk is adorable! So glad you had a great birthday! And the fitness app sounds great! I may have to check it out and participate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't look anywhere near 40. Happy birthday!
    And I'm all over Route 66 - looking it up now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not 40! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING the way they decorated your desk!!! And GO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh that is SO cute how they decorated your desk!!
    I need to learn how to do a squat LOL
    Good luck with the Get Fit on Route 66 :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday, Jen! It was so sweet of your hubby and son to get in on the festivities in your office! Go you with the 30 day and Route 66 challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.