Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Travel Tuesday - California, 2016 The One with the National Park

I am VERY behind in posting about our vacation in November/December, 2016. We went to California and toured a lot of southern Cali. The weather was cool (jackets required almost every day). And one day at Disneyland was down right COLD! (And we're Midwesterners...)

Our first couple of days we went to Joshua Tree National Park. It is a beautiful park! We covered most of the park in our time there.

Day 1 we had driven by Skull Rock and it was PACKED!!! We had it to ourselves the following morning. Beautiful spot with amazing views.
 The kids near Skull Rock
 This is the formation behind Skull Rock - you can climb up (see photo above) and see for quite a ways
 
 Joshua Trees
 Posing in front of the San Andreas Fault
 San Andreas Fault is out there (sorry for all the sun glare!)

 Cholla Cacti Garden
It is acres and acres of cacti - it is incredibly impressive


We enjoyed the park and would recommend it as a vacation/travel spot.
Stay tuned for more of our trip in upcoming posts.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to head to CA in May! The time needs to go by just a bit faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love California. I wish we could afford to live there

      Delete
  2. Loving these photos!!!! The Joshua Trees are my fave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to were able to come to my state! Hope the next time you visit it is warmer. You got some great pics too. I went to Joshua Tree for a trip some years ago. Glad you all enjoyed your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.