Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Travel Tuesday - California, 2016 The One with the Presidential Stuff

Happy Tuesday! Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I am posting a little more of our California trip.
You can find my first post here: Joshua Tree

There are two Presidential museums/libraries in California - Nixon (in Yorba Linda) and Reagan (in Simi Valley).

We worked them into our travels. We were thoroughly impressed with the Reagan Museum. We were more impressed with the Nixon gardens than the actual museum.

Reagan Museum Courtyard:
Madam President:
 Mr. President:
 Air Force One - very cool to tour the plane
 This is the view from the pavilion that holds the Reagan transportation - absolutely gorgeous!
This statue is outside in the circle drive.

President Nixon's Library & Museum:

 
 
 Pat Nixon Rose Garden (beautiful spot) President & Mrs. Nixon are buried in the gardens.
 President Nixon's birthplace:

We got to walk through Marine One at each place - pretty cool. No pictures though...

Links to their sites:

3 comments:

  1. We visited the Ronald Reagan museum a couple of years ago and LOVED it!!!!!!! Did you go downstairs to the baseball area???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit the Reagan museum, it seems amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby and I went to both back in '07. Fascinating and I agree with you on the Nixon gardens. I love touring presidential libraries. I especially enjoyed the tour of Reagan's Air Force One.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.