Monday, February 27, 2017

Monday Musings - The Oscars


This is the only awards show I sit and watch in its entirety. I love the movies* and enjoy Hollywood's glitz and big night.


We watched about an hour of the Red Carpet. Lots of pretty dresses and tuxes...some - not my style or liking, but to each their own.

Here are some of my favorite dresses:
Nicole Kidman

Emma Stone

Charlize Theron

Viola Davis

Jessica Biel

Octavia Spenser

Justin Timberlake rocked the opening act-what a great way to open the show! Well done, sir!

Jimmy Kimmel did a great job as host! He was funny and for the most part kept things moving. There were candy drops; tweets; tourists (we LOVED Gary from Chicago - he was hilarious!); Matt Damon...


(This clip is pretty long):

Yes, there was a "plot twist" at the end of the show with the Best Picture award. I thought it was handled graciously and with humor.

Congratulations to the nominees and winners!

*I am a pretty lighthearted movie watcher and don't usually see most of the nominees and nominations.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the show! it was well done and not over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so didn't want La La Land to win and the show was going wayyyyyyyyy past my bedtime ... lol ... so as soon as they said, 'la la land' as the pic winner, I was pissy, turned off the TV and went to sleep!!! LOL!! It wasn't until the next morning when I saw people posting on FB, that I saw what happened afterwards! What a TWIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.