Monday, January 06, 2014

Recipe - Cinnamon Rolls

We had a snow day today (call it a butt ugly freezing cold day). So, I made these cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I used my bread machine to make the dough, first time I've made them in the 16 years I've had my machine.

They were quite tasty and delicious with a cup of coffee.

Cinnamon Rolls

Dough:
6 1/2 oz. (3/4 cup + 1 T.) 80-90 degree milk
1 egg
3 c. Bread flour
3 T. Sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
4 T. Butter or margarine
2 tsp. active dry yeast or 1 1/2 tsp. bread machine yeast
Filling:
1/3 c. Butter or margarine, softened
1/3 c. Sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg, optional
1/2 c. Chopped nuts, optional
Icing:
1 c. Powdered sugar
1-2 T. Milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Use the Dough setting on your bread machine
Add warm milk and egg to pan
Add flour, sugar and salt to pan
Settle ingredients in pan. 
Cut butter into 4 pieces and place in corners of pan
Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add yeast.
Program and let machine run.
Place dough on floured surface and knead for 1 minute, let rest for 15 minutes
Roll dough into rectangle, about 10x15 inches.
Spread butter over rolled surface of dough to within 1 inch of edges.
Sprinkle the filling mixture over buttered surface.
Roll dough tightly on long side
Press edges to seal and form into long roll
With a sharp knife or thread, cut into 1 inch pieces.
Cover and let rise 30-45 minutes
If you refrigerate rolls overnight, let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before baking
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
Cool in pan on cooling rack, then drizzle with icing
Cut apart, remove from pan and enjoy!

I hope you like them!

6 comments:

  1. I have to say this weather is truly awful! It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so cold. The kids can't even go outside to play in the 12 inches of snow we got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Those look amazing!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I know you felt so happy making these on a cold day. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, I think I just gained 5 lbs. from reading. They look and sound soooo good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.