Wednesday, January 01, 2014

40 in 2014


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Remember this from my previous post?
 
I saw this quote on Pinterest the other day and thought - I have found my  motto for 2014. (Yes, you will probably see this pop up here & there this year)
Let me preface the following goal/bucket list:
2014 begins my 40th trip around the sun (in March to be exact...). I'm not afraid or upset about turning 40 this year. I'm content with my life and my age. I feel like I have some wisdom and life experience now.
That being said, I have also realized that I have become very content, maybe a little TOO content. I need to challenge myself to step outside my comfort zone and "put myself out there" a little more.
The following list is 40 things I would like to do/accomplish/see/etc this year. In reality I figure if I complete 10 of these (25% of them), I will consider it a success. Money is kind of tight and I tried to find/think of things that don't cost a lot or nothing (other than gas money).
I plan to blog my 40 in 14 adventures here - that may be a motivation for me to do more of these. I am also adding a tab at the top so I can "check myself" as the year progresses.
So, without futher ado...
 
Jen's 40 in '14

1 Read 50 books (200 or more pages)
2 Get a mani & pedi
3 Get a massage
4 Attend a stage production by one of our local theater groups
5 Visit Anderson Japanese Gardens
6 Visit John Deere Historic Site
7 Get a tattoo
8 Ride all the coasters at Six Flags Great America
9 Exercise three times a week
10 Have our family pictures taken
11 Keep my scrap group going
12 Go to Dane County Farmers Market
13 Attend a free outdoor concert by a local band
14 Do the American Heart Walk
15 Finish 50 scrapbook layouts
16 Drive the portion of IL Lincoln Highway I haven't yet
17 Go on a date with my husband
18 Walk/run 350 miles
19 Teach my daughter how to read a sewing pattern
20 Watch 10 movies from AFI best list
http://www.afi.com/100years/movies10.aspx
21 Do Hustle for Hearing
22 Visit Cantigny
23 Register with a casting agency
24 Keep up with the 52 Weeks of Photos challenge
25 Use ASL fluently
26 Ride along with my brother
27 Tag along on a city adventure with my sister
28 Attend a Football 101 event
29 Complete wall hanging quilt
30 Attend 4 scrapbook related events
31 Participate in a book discussion group
32 Attend a professional sporting event
33 Go kayak or canoe
34 Hike in 2 state parks
35 Try 1 new recipe each month
36 Play video games with my son
37 Donate 10 homemade hats
38 Enter photography contest
39 Attend a Go Red event
40 Try geocaching

12 comments:

  1. Awesome list!!! You are braver than me ... I hated it when I turned 40 :( Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:17 AM

    That list made me tired! LOL I think a lot of your goals are attainable and wish you luck! My goal list is much smaller but am going to try 365 photos again this year.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list!! You just let me know when you want to do numbers 2,3,4,5,7,10,14,and 40! I'm with you on those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo Can't wait to see the checkmarks by your list. 40 is awesome btw. You'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so fun and totally doable! If you stick with it, they should keep you on your toes!!! :o) Happy near year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all sound so great and totally doable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's sounds like it's going to be an amazing year! Love the list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great list! as i've mentioned, i'm working on getting my beachbody business off the ground this year. (don't worry, not going to ask you to buy anything, lol.) i would love to help you stay accountable with workouts and find easy, healthy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i did mine today, if you'd like to see. nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great year this will be for you! So many adventures ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great list and seems totally attainable to me (then again, I'm not the one doing it, LOL!) Happy New Year, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this list! It inspired me to do a list: 14 in '14. I'll start small :)
    Love
    Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.