Saturday, January 25, 2014

Book review 2014 #2

I just finished:
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Genre: Fiction

5 out of 5 stars from me


Publisher's Synopsis:  Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.



What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.


Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


My thoughts:  This is a book where I laughed, cried and shook my head in disbelief. The storyline is so well written. Lou, Will and their families are fantastic charcters. I recommend that everyone read this book! I will be thinking about it for quite some time.

6 comments:

  1. Sign of a great book. I tend to lean toward trashy/mystery romance because I want a quick good read with a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored this book. I loved the way that each character had good and bad characteristics. I went on a reading spree of the author's other books after this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this was amazing ... so I got it on my Kindle last week ... will be reading it soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Added to my list!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave this a five too! LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great book. Adding it my my book club "to read" list. Thanks, Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.