Friday, January 24, 2014

Getting to Know Jen

WOW!

I got some fantastic questions! Thank you all for your curiousity. Please visit these wonderful bloggers' blogs.
 
And now, a little about me.
 
Julie at Life of the Tucker-Wolek Clan asked: I would like to know your fave TV shows... I know one, but interested in the others!!
 If you have read my blog (or seen my facebook page) in the last 6 months, you will know that I love
It's three episodes old right now, but I am enjoying the spin off
 Others that I watch pretty religiously are
 
 
and a lot of shows on History Channel.
 
Lynn at Lynn Murphy's Law asked: You have amazing strength. Where do you get it from?
 I have been thinking how to answer this one and will try to write my thoughts the best I can.
A lot of my strength honestly has come from growing up and hard knocks in life. My parents raised 5 pretty amazing kids (if I do say so myself...), they encouraged our independence and individuality but never hesitated to make sure we were on the "right path". 
I was a single mom at 19 - my parents were always reassuring me that was doing ok.
The Mr. and I have been through some really rough times in our marriage and that has taught me that I AM strong and tough, I can face some of the worst things that can be thrown at you and still be standing up and smiling, when it's over. And sometimes, you have to lean on others and work together.
One of the hardest things I have learned in my almost 40 years is to trust my feelings and heart to others. If people truly love me, they will continue to love me when I mess up and will pick me up, brush me off and give me a push down the right path.

Mary Jo at The Scrapbook Treehouse asked: Do you ever go to crops here?
 I have been looking in the St. Louis area for a weekend crop. One of these days I am going to get down there for a weekend, with out the Mr. and kids to hang out with some fellow scrappy peeps.

Amber at Last Yesterday asked the following questions (you were working hard, girl!):
How do you like working at a library?
 I love it! I get to work in a place surrounded by books, what's not to love! I hold storytime once a week and the kids crack me up.
 
What is/are your favorite genre/s?
 Ooooo - tough one!
I read based on my mood (and sometimes based on the cover of the book). I read a lot of general fiction and mysteries.
 
Can you name a favorite book?
 I read Little Women at least once a year. It's hard to pick one favorite, there are so many amazing books out there. 
Recently, some of my favorites are:
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
The Right Hand by Derek Haas
A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin

What project (crocheting/knitting/sewing) are you most proud of?
 WHOA! THIS is a tough one!
I guess I would say, click on the links for scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting, sewing to the right of this post - if I posted it on here, I am pretty proud of it.
I like the sweater I crocheted a few years ago (my first non-blanket project) and several of my scrapbook pages.
 
 
Which craft is your favorite?
 I enjoy being crafty and trying new ones. I would have to say my favorite is probably scrapbooking.
 
How did you learn each of your crafts?
 My mom taught me to sew
I taught myself to crochet
My sister taught me to knit
My mom got me started with scrapbooking

What photo are you most proud of?
 This was REALLY hard to pick!
But, probably this one I took last summer:
 
What's your favorite subject to take photos of?
I love to take photos of people, especially candid kid photos.

If you could learn anything, what would you like to learn?
I would love to use ASL (American Sign Language) fluently.

Wendy at Blush and Barbells asked: How did you learn this scrapbooking stuff? The finished product is pretty awesome.
Thank you for the compliment!
My mom bought me basic scrapbooking supplies for my birthday about 15 years ago. I've been at it since then.
My scrapping style has changed a lot in that time.
I have "learned" by doing. I have found that I just play with the pieces I want to use until it looks like something I'm happy with.

My mom asked: How have your likes/dislikes changed since you were a child?
teenager?
Hmmmm....
Well I am certainly more willing to try new things now than I was when I was a child or teenager. That goes for food, adventures, places.
I think my food tastes have expanded considerably as an adult - I like a lot of things now that I couldn't stand growing up.
Thank you so much for your questions.
Thank you for reading all of this and visiting my blog.
Please visit the blogs linked here!

Have a great weekend!
What are your plans?

5 comments:

  1. Loved reading more about you!!! I was a single mom with Adam for about 8 years ... hardest job EVER!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo love getting to know you. I was a single mom too - so not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely forgot to submit my question! But these are awesome answers! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:25 PM

    Great answers Jen. You are all great adults, for sure. I love that family photo you took - so cute!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was great! And educational. I've seen that shrug before. Is it by Robyn Ch...I'm not even going to try. I'll destroy her last name.

    Glad my questions didn't overwhelm you too badly. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.