Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"Modern Parenting"

That's what my brother called it when he stopped by last night....

DD was sitting at the counter and asked for a sucker. I told her no and she started to whine and throw a fit and I told her if she was going to pout she was going to spend some time in her room. She was quiet for a couple of minutes, then she said "I need to go to my room." So, I got her down and she went to her room where she sat for 10 minutes on her bed. Apparently, she felt a tantrum coming on....

My brother & I were laughing when she was upstairs. She had NEVER done that. My brother said I should teach that as a class. Yeah, right!

Kids - they make life interesting!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I hope my kids do that some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:15 AM

    wow, you must have her well trained!!! How sweet is that, she knows when a tantrum is coming on and knows how to deal with it....great parenting Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow how funny! kids are so unpredictable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely allien to me... my kids just used to throw the tantrum, no warnings given... WOW, woman! that is some GOOD parenting in MY book!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.