Friday, October 06, 2006

My #34

My #34 ---- http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=134268

On the topic of baseball - yes, still..... (to those of you reading with teams in the post-season - good luck to them!)

I love my beloved #34 - no, not Roger Clemens or Nolan Ryan. Although they are fabulous baseball players! I am talking about Kerry Wood. (See link above) Now, while I *heart* him, he has not done much for my beloved Cubbies the past few seasons, which is sad for me. (You could ask DH about my obsession with him....) It may be time for him to give it up or move on to another team, but with his history of injuries - I don't know who would sign him. I have met him a couple of times at the Cubs Convention and just think he & his wife are a couple of the sweetest people in the world. He even autographed my jersey, which I will forever treasure. As a team fan, I would not be sad to see him go (especially for the money he made this past year for doing nothing), as a personal fan, it would be a sad day.

So....
As the armchair GM - SEND HIM PACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!
As his personal cheerleader - at least let him wear the uniform and run around the field a little - just so I can have a look-see....

Ok, signing off so I can wipe the drool off my keyboard.... GO CUBS!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Sadly, the team of my childhood, the Montreal Expos, no longer exists. With that in mind, it's always wonderful to see fans so in touch with their team. That's what professional sport is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Kerry first came up from the minors I was living in Atlanta and was, of course, a Braves fan. He really had the Braves number, so to speak. They couldn't hit him worth a damn. I was so annoyed at Woods that year--but at least the Braves went to post-season back then. Not this year...

    Michele sent me off to see you, Cin, and read about those poor Cubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has nothing to do with your post... but just wanted to say thanks for visiting me.

    You should DEFINITELY consider training for a marathon. It is truly one of the best and worst experiences you'll ever have. If you do decide to train, keep me posted. I'll cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gentlemen-thanks for the understanding comments (even though you may not like that he beat your team). :)

    Elizabeth - I will keep you posted and you're welcome - I loved reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try not to drool, Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.