Thursday, October 05, 2006

Just Another Day in Paradise

Ah, yes....another one of THOSE days....

We were talking about my co-worker's daughter's new glasses and how long we thought it would take for her to break them. Well, guess who picked up HER daughter at daycare and whose daughter had tape on her glasses.... YEP! My darling daughter had broken her glasses. So, off we went to Pearle to order her new ones. There went the money I had set aside for my haircut. Oh, well! So, they are supposed to be in today or tomorrow and in the mean time, DH duct taped them together so they should hold.

And now, from your baseball armchair General Manager - the Cubs FINALLY got rid of Dusty! There was much joyful dancing at our house Monday night! AND Andy McPhail stepped down, too. How much better does it get? I can tell you a bunch of players I would like to see them let go and some managerial choices (namely, Joe Girardi) that they should hire. I'll keep you updated over the winter - if you care....

Not much else is new and "exciting". I hope you're all having a good week!

8 comments:

  1. I swear that duct tape is a miracle! lol.. my dh uses it for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jen, you made me laugh! I can imagine how you felt when you saw you're daughter with her broken glasses... priceless moments, ain't them???
    oh, well, I think you have lovely hair as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only they paid all of you armchair GM's for your great ideas.... You'd be able to get a haircut! LOL!!! I crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no about the glasses-sounds like something that would happen to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:02 AM

    I spent money on a haircut a few days ago.....and wish I hadn't, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reassurance, Jane! :)
    Peggie - so true!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here from Michele.

    I totally remember breaking my first pair of glasses 10 minutes after I got them. Then, I broke the second pair about 20 minutes later. My first year of wearing glasses, I honestly went through probably 6 pairs.

    Here's hoping your daughter is not a klutz like me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.